Meet LAP Editor Clare M. Weber, California State University, Domingo Hills
Ph.D. Social Science, University of California, Irvine, Summer 2001.
MA. Social Science, University of California, Irvine, 1995.
MA. Latin American Studies, California State University, Los Angeles, 1992.
BA. Sociology and Spanish, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, N.Y. 1985.
Academic Administrative Experience
Chair, Department of Sociology, CSUDH, 2008 to 2012. Responsible for budget administration and various administrative support functions within the unit.
- Responsible for faculty recruitment
- Manage operating budget and special accounts
- Supervision of over 25 part time faculty, 8 full time faculty
- Supervision, mentorship and evaluation of support staff
- Program planning and review
- Faculty and staff orientation
- Curriculum development and implementation
- Student advising
- Spokesperson on behalf of faculty to other departments and units as well as to higher levels of the administration within the University
- Implementation and administration of policies and procedures developed within the unit and at higher levels within the College and the University
- Participated in department, college and university strategic planning process
- Managed growth of full time equivalent student enrollment of 363 FTES to 605 FTES at a time when full time faculty declined from 14 to 8
- Recruited and hired 20 new lecturers
- Developed undergraduate certificate in community organizing
- Developed PEAT+ report
- Successfully raised funds for the Department of Sociology Classroom Computer Lab and collaborated on installation project
- Brought the Older Adult Center under the direct supervision of the department and successfully restructured it